Follow News Tube
- Pockets of shelling across Ukraine as wintry warfare looms November 27, 2022Officials say shelling by Russian forces has hit several areas in eastern and southern Ukraine overnight as utility crews continue a scramble to restore power, water and heating from widespread strikes in recent weeks
- Italian rescuers search for missing in island landslide November 27, 2022Rescuers are digging through mud for a second day in the search for people missing following an enormous landslide on the Italian resort island of Ischia
- Pakistan arrests senator over comments about army chief November 27, 2022Colleagues from Azam Khan Swati's political party say federal police in Pakistan have arrested the senator for comments critical of top military officers
- AP PHOTOS: Bright shops enliven Congo's dark days November 27, 2022Saturday morning in Goma, the lakeside capital of eastern Congo is as busy as any other day of the week, despite tensions caused by recent fighting between M23 rebels and government forces north of the city. Hundreds of taxi-motorcycles weave through the packed streets of the city on the Rwanda border, as newly arrived Kenyan […]
- Kidnappings, looting cited in Ethiopia's Tigray after truce November 27, 2022Eyewitnesses and aid workers say that allies of Ethiopia’s federal military are looting property and carrying out mass detentions in Tigray
- Hardship and hope: Winter, missile storms show Kyiv's mettle November 27, 2022The hard realities of Ukraine’s capital are that a once comfortably livable city of 3 million people is now becoming a tough place to live
- Kim's daughter appears again, heating up succession debate November 27, 2022North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s daughter made a public appearance again, this time with missile scientists and more honorific titles as her father’s “most beloved” or “precious” child
- Pakistan's ex-PM Khan says his party to quit all assemblies November 27, 2022Pakistan's former premier Imran Khan says his party will quit all regional and national assemblies
- Taiwan president resigns as party leader after election loss November 27, 2022President Tsai resigned as head of the ruling Democratic Progressive Party.
- Wildlife conference boosts protection for sharks, turtles November 26, 2022Scores of turtles, lizards and frogs are being decimated by the pet trade.
- N Korea aims to have ‘world’s strongest’ nuclear force, Kim says - Al Jazeera English November 27, 2022N Korea aims to have ‘world’s strongest’ nuclear force, Kim says Al Jazeera English […]
- World Cup recap, Day 7: France are first through to Round of 16 - Al Jazeera English November 27, 2022World Cup recap, Day 7: France are first through to Round of 16 Al Jazeera English […]
- Photos: Messi magic guides relieved Argentina past Mexico - Al Jazeera English November 26, 2022Photos: Messi magic guides relieved Argentina past Mexico Al Jazeera English […]
- White House blasts Trump for meeting with white supremacist - Al Jazeera English November 26, 2022White House blasts Trump for meeting with white supremacist Al Jazeera English […]
- US eases Venezuela oil sanctions after gov’t, opposition ink deal - Al Jazeera English November 26, 2022US eases Venezuela oil sanctions after gov’t, opposition ink deal Al Jazeera English […]
- FIFA investigates Serbian nationalist flag in dressing room - Al Jazeera English November 26, 2022FIFA investigates Serbian nationalist flag in dressing room Al Jazeera English […]
- For Mexico fans in Qatar, it’s not just about winning - Al Jazeera English November 26, 2022For Mexico fans in Qatar, it’s not just about winning Al Jazeera English […]
- Ex-Pakistan PM Imran Khan calls off march to avoid ‘chaos’ - Al Jazeera English November 26, 2022Ex-Pakistan PM Imran Khan calls off march to avoid ‘chaos’ Al Jazeera English […]
- Taiwan president quits as party head after local election losses - Al Jazeera English November 26, 2022Taiwan president quits as party head after local election losses Al Jazeera English […]
- France into World Cup last 16 as Mbappe double sinks Denmark - Al Jazeera English November 26, 2022France into World Cup last 16 as Mbappe double sinks Denmark Al Jazeera English […]
- Ohio State: Ryan Day, Buckeyes press conference after Michigan loss
- Jim Harbaugh Postgame Press Conference: Ohio State | 'So Proud Of Them' | Michigan Football 45-23
- Jonathan Majors On His ‘Devotion’ To Acting From A Navy Pilot To The Boxing Ring To The Role Of Kang
- Bluey: Season 3 [Preview Part 11/New Scenes]
- Nebraska To Hire Matt Rhule As Next Head Coach I CBS Sports HQ
- florida gators football fans react to losing to florida state
- ❤️𝙷𝙾𝚃 𝗦𝗘𝗫 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗞 𝙿𝙾𝚁𝙽 ❤️ Senegal vs Netherlands
- Wednesday Kiss Scene | Wednesday and Tyler (Jenna Ortega and Hunter Doohan)
- Denmark Vs Tunisia | Live |Fifa Word Cup Qatar 2022 Gameplay
- 🎀VICTORIA'S SECRET
Since Musk's $44 billion purchase, hate speech has surged on the website and major companies have pulled their ads. In the past, Musk has called himself a "free speech absolutist" and said he would eventually restore the Twitter account of former US President Donald Trump, who was banned from the platform for spreading false information.
In a recent letter to advertisers, the Tesla CEO pledged to restore free speech on Twitter while preventing it from turning into a "hellscape" for its 230 million users.
Just as important for Musk is turning one of the world's most influential social media sites into a profitable business. The beleaguered company fired about half of its staff on Friday and Musk has said he is looking to generate revenue via paid subscriptions for special features, including Twitter verification.
In this episode of The Stream, we'll discuss the future of Twitter and what it could mean for social media users.
Join the conversation:
Subscribe to our channel